Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 16: Tranatlantic Passage

Atlantic Ocean---The water generator fell and the cord was cut off. Now the propeller and cord are at the bottom of the sea. The Captain was sad but not too bad. We are only 200 miles!!! Still rocking like mad.

Video Diary Day 16: "Hi, this is Edee Dalke on Sailing Yacht Juno on our transatlantic crossing to Barbados this is day 16, did I say 16! to go, wait that we've done. Let me show you something. This right here is the first sign (missed the cargo ship on the video). And other than that we caught a dolphin fish but we had to let it go, it was my first dolphin that I pulled in all by myself. And what I'm wearing is a sad situation that happened this morning. We lost our water generator. It's a cable that is tied to a rotor, metal heavy rotor that spins in the water and then that cable is tied to a generator. And the generator fell and the cable got sheared off and now it's at the bottom of the sea. But umm, this lovely piece that I'm wearing is a peice that would be fixed to the cable and we would send it down the cable to stop the rotor from spinning so we could haul it up on the boat. But now it makes a good party hat. And speaking of parties, we are only 230 miles away from Barbados which is a day and a half. And I'm kind of ready. Think?"

1 comment:

Crew of the Solstice said...

Our water generator prop and line are at the bottom of the Bay of Biscay. The Captain has our sympathies. We miss it when we're on a passage.