Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 2: Transatlantic passage

Atlantic Ocean---I realize that having a schedule at sea is important or you get really bored and then depressed. So I worked on finances for an hour. Lunch. Showered. Read. But then in an effort to refill the shampoo, I got soap on the head's faucet and The Captain had a small tantrum. Now I feel bad. Mostly because when he's mad he's uncensored and he told me to stop consolidating things. I thought I was helping but my organizing has been driving him crazy I think! and now I got yelled at. It put me in a funk. Although he apologised and I know he is under so much stress with everything to manage on this boat, I still just went to bed early. Night watch we motored. I am set for sleeping about 2-3 hours at 8pm and take my first watch at 11pm to 1am. Then to sleep for 4 hours and up at 4:50am to start watch at 5am to 7am.

Video Diary Day 2: "Hi, this is Edee Dalke on Sailing Yacht Juno and is day 2 of our transatlantic passage from the Cape Verde Islands to Barbados. It's November 30, 2010. We have about a 10 foot swell, coming down from about a 15 to 20 foot swell that we experienced yesterday and through the night. The one big thing that has happened is that there are no Trade winds. And that is what we are counting on to get us across. We're heading southwest towards Barbados. We have the poles out and we're ready for the wind, we just need it to happen. A little view of the swell.... Yesterday we saw a small pod of whales which was really cool. Other than that, go fast."

No comments: