Sunday, April 11, 2010

“You can take only 1 pair of jeans”

Sibari, Italy---I’m freezing here. I was advised to pack for warm weather which will be in Greece, but staying in Italy longer than expected has presented me with a surprise. I’m cold.
I was consulted to only take 1 pair of jeans. I snuck one more pair but they are white jeans. Packing for a year was difficult enough thinking of only one season. The captain casually mentioned that we are the same latitude of New York and that this weather is fortunate.
Now, understand, cold to me is in the low 60’s as I layer up to 5 tops in the morning. I even broke out my foul weather gear jacket about the heaviest thing I brought. I do however have a 20F degree North Face sleeping bag that keeps me toasty at night.

Finally I broke into Mary Beth’s supply of winter cloths aboard for her when she visits every few months.

Optimistically, I keep predicting the next day to be mid to high 70’s with no wind.
I’ll keep wishing for either the dredging to be completed so we can leave for Greece, or my weather prediction to be correct.

No comments: