Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Do Blond's have more fun?



Preparing to sail for a year, one of the most popular questions I have been asked (besides Pirates...Note; we are NOT cruising the coast of Somalia) is WHAT was I going to do about my hair?


So...oh yes I did. I changed the color of my hair.The truth is, I have threatened to do this for about 15 years at a "certain age." As a life-long blond, I am now a deep auburn. I wanted to go Black because of a fabulous black wig I use for Halloween and my father's hair was black, but my wonderful hair wizardress, Glenna at Salon 230, and I decided to do this color.

So the question now is: do blonde's have more fun? So far the answer is: they get more attention and they are expected to be a little flirty and not serious. So, if that is how people react to them, then I can see why the saying goes: "Blond's have more fun."

Why do I say this? Because it is happening to me! I normally make jokes/comments to strangers and get a particular reaction. They laugh back, whatever. But me and my luxurious dark locks are getting looks like "What's wrong with you?". It's fricking hilarious. I printed out a copy of myself as a blond and tested a few unlikely suspects at bikeweek. Showing my blond "friend," would they like to meet her?...Yes!
Good grief.
But knowing I will live in salt air for the next year +, who knows what color it will be! For now, I am enjoying having fun regardless of my hair color!

1 comment:

Staci said...

OMG! I finally figured out how to comment as myself (and not anonymous) YEA!

Enough about me....
I love you as a brunette...you're rather intense, mysterious.
Have fun!
Be free!

And of course, as a Nice and Easy shade no.99 Blonde.....I will never be taken seriously.
Damn.