Friday, August 6, 2010

I cut my hair.

Island of Vulcano, Sicily---Boat life. What you thought was important turns out to be less and what you didn't think was important (doing laundry anytime you want, the abundance of elecricity) turns out to be a really big deal.

I was determined to not let my hair be an issue. I dyed it dark before I left and that didn't last. Gone are the days of my electric hair straightner and so my head is full of curls whether I like it or not. As much as I love long, long hair, it is a total pain on a boat. So this morning, I got up, got the boys' hair cutting kit out and took a six inch whack out of the top area of the back of my head. Thinking I would layer it I started chopping by feel. Shirish came up top and tried hard not to jump for joy (all the males on this boat have short hair, so when a long one appears, they all think it will go straight to any drain and clog it). He helped be my eyes in the back of my head.

It's not a short cut but the clump of hair floating away did look like a small animal.

5 comments:

Tina said...

The hair looks great all curly and shorter.......

Stellarox said...

LOVE IT EDEE!

Anonymous said...

You look more like "our Edee" rather than the brunette Edee on a semi-covert mission to discover if blonds really do have more fun. YES we do! You go girl!

Kelly ~ another one of the smart blonds

Anonymous said...

That thing floating in the water.....kill it, kill it !!!!!
marie

Anonymous said...

Cotton candy is dandy as long as its not "can you make my hair any blonder?"